Welcome to Maricopa Senior Living!
Maricopa Senior Living is first and foremost a directory of resources and information. The intent is to provide answers to your questions about your lifestyle, whether it's the one you currently have or the one you want to achieve. The website is designed to be user-friendly, easy to navigate and read. And, it's all in one location! Help is a click away!
As seniors, our needs, challenges, and experiences change. Challenges come and go. This site contains articles and information for you to explore as possible solutions. The content will continually grow, providing resources for whatever topic you seek.
Navigating the website
Use the header bar (at the top of the page) to quickly access useful sites for research on topics that may be of importance to you. These links can help you to stay informed and aware of events and local activities.
The City of Maricopa website links
- Provide easy access to the City website.
- Access to information about What's New in City Development projects.
- Dates, times, agendas, supporting documents and locations for City Council meetings, citizen-based boards and committees and information on public hearings regarding zoning changes.
- Other links will help to keep you up to date on pending legislation, transportation news, events and other current news affecting our city.
- Access to local news and stories impacting the City.
- Access to the New Resident and Visitor Guide.
- Access to the Senior Section articles.
- Traffic information and cameras.
- Interesting information about current weather, forecasts and weather safety.
- Agencies and organizations offering programs and services for Maricopa, like the Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens, Hospice of the Valley, AARP, the Arizona Department of Economic Security, The Community Action Human Resource Agency (CAHRA), and more.
- Handy lists of numbers for emergency contacts, local medical resources, abuse and personal safety hotlines and houses of worship.
On the right side of the page
- Search box - allows you to enter your own search information.
- Categories and Tags that provide quick access to topics of popular interest. For fun, check out the Arizona Travel category or the Pets tab.
- Special Selection Blocks
- Joan's Corner - Joan Koczor's familiar monthly newsletter (…keeping you informed). Joan is a long-time local advocate for seniors and her popular newsletter provides very useful and interesting information.
- City of Maricopa Community/Senior Center Monthly Calendar and Newsletter - all the publications regarding senior programming for the current month. The calendar and newsletter can be viewed or downloaded.
- What's New! - a current article or information being highlighted.
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Accessibility Tool along the right-hand edge of the screen - look for an icon of a small person with outstretched arms. This is the icon for an accessibility tool that can allow you to modify the look of the screen in front of you for improved accessibility. Just click on the icon to see the available menu options.
- The UP arrow - in the lower right corner takes you to the top of the page.
This website should be compatible with multiple platforms including desktops, tablets and smart phones.
We encourage feedback and suggestions! Feel free to email any ideas, comments, suggestions or challenges you discover. Feel free to let us know if there's something you'd like to see included. Your feedback is appreciated. We thank you for taking the time to check our site out!